Thursday, January 2, 2014
President's Word - January 2014
Happy New Year!
Before we jump into what’s to come I’d like to offer my appreciation to everyone who supported and attended our recent Merry Mixer. Organized by Kylee Pitts, it was only by your support as silent auction donors, buyers and attendees that this event as a success – and, boy was it! I’m proud to share we raised more then $1,100 for the chapter’s scholarship fund. Thank you!
As we move into 2014, a New Year means a new start and many new goals; I have no doubt that our chapter, brimming with the brightest minds in PR locally, has many exciting things planned for the coming months. It is my hope that FPRA activities will among those plans as we have lots of events, luncheons and other activities planned to enhance your professional development.
Here’s a quick list of what’s to come in the next few months so you can mark you calendars now!
· January 7 – Chapter Luncheon with Auctioneer Scott Robertson as Speaker
· January 9 – Credentialing Meeting for APR/CPRC Candidates
· February 4 – Chapter Luncheon
· March 4 – Chapter Luncheon
· March 11 – Local Image Award Entries Due
· April 18 – Be Good at Doing Good: Marketing your Mission (formerly known as PR Pro Bono Day)
· April 22 – Local Image Awards Ceremony
· May 2 and 3 – Quarterly State Board Meeting in Fort Myers
· May 16 – Golden Image Award Entries Due
As always, thank you for being a member of the Southwest Florida chapter of FPRA and for what you bring to our profession. See you soon and don’t forget to - Think FPRA!
Samantha Scott, APR