Thursday, January 30, 2014

I'd be lost Without - February 2014

I can’t live without Twitter so file this under #ConfessionsofaTwitterAddict.  Twitter is the only tech-related platform or tool where I can claim to be an early adopter, having launched my account during its infancy in 2007. Originally used to keep in touch with Grad school friends, today it’s my go-to social media platform for a multitude of activities and varying levels of engagement. And yes, it’s usually the last thing I look at each night and the first thing I check every morning.
How I use Twitter:
 - As a News Feed to stay on top of breaking news locally, nationally and globally. 
Ÿ - To connect with reporters.
-  To get the latest professional news and to connect with other professionals in PR and Higher Education.
- To share class information with students and connect with students through direct messages.
I even connect on Twitter with both my children who have accounts. 
There a numerous platforms to help manage and maximize engagement and analytics for Twitter (Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Social Sprout, plus a host of others) just be aware most have limited free accounts in addition to paid premium accounts                                                                         
Pam Nulman, APR, CPRC,

Education Chair

No comments: