On April 26, nearly 50 guests from small businesses and non-profit organizations attended the second annual PR Pro Bono Day organized by the special projects committee of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) SWFL Chapter. Recognizing that budgets are tight given today's economic state, Pro Bono Day serves as the chapter's annual service project. Public relations professionals donated their time for this half-day workshop split into two sessions: Communications & Branding; and Media & Public Relations on a Small Budget.
- Sponsorships and Media kits – Karen Ryan, APR, CPRC – LCEC
- Media Interviews/How to get your CEO camera-ready – Susan Bennett, APR, CPRC – Susan Bennett Marketing and Media, L.C.
- Customer Service and Surveys – Debbie Webb, APR – Hope Clubhouse
- Branding Self and Business – Christin Collins – Norman Love Confections
- Elements of Effective Graphics – Scott Qurollo – Pearl Brand Communications
- Media Buying Basics – Wendy Payton-Enriquez – Pearl Brand Communications
- In-Kind Media Donations – Cindy Burgess – The News-Press
- Preparing Printing for Direct Mail Marketing – Sue Lampitt – Intech Printing