Friday, August 30, 2013

President's Word: A sign off from our 2012-2013 president and an introduction to Samantha Scott, APR 2013-2014 president


Jessica Clark, APR
FPRA SWFL Chapter President 2012-2013
Well, it is the time of year where we welcome a new Board and Leadership Team for the Southwest Chapter of FPRA.  Serving as President this year has been fun and rewarding for me in so many ways.  As in any role in life, you have the great times, and the challenging times.  But I think if you surround yourself with great role models, friends, and professionals, no matter how challenging something is, you can come out just fine in the end. 

I can’t believe that a year has passed from when I first took over, time really does fly when you are having fun.  In the past year, I have learned so much about our profession, about our members, and about myself.  Personally I am taking away skills that I never knew I had, and am so glad to have learned.  I know that I have grown because of the great knowledge from our chapter leaders and members, and I would encourage everyone to truly consider stepping into a leadership role, and maybe even becoming President themselves one day.  It is an eye-opening and awesome experience!

Every single person who served on the Board and Leadership team this year made 2012-2013 an amazing year, and I appreciate the efforts of all of you!  I know that the incoming team is complete with talented and fantastic professionals, and friends, and I look forward to seeing what else our future holds. 

Thanks again for allowing me to serve as Chapter President for the SWFL Chapter! 

Jess
 
Samantha Scott, APR
FPRA SWFL Chapter President 2013-2014
What a way to kick off a new year for the Southwest Chapter of FPRA! Jessica Clark, APR, our outgoing President is honored as President of the Year at the Annual Conference and many of our members brought home awards as well! It’s certainly an exciting time to be a member and I’m excited to begin my term as President of this outstanding organization.
As emphasized by her award, Jessica served our chapter faithfully and with great zest this year. It was under her leadership that our chapter continued to grow, exceed goals and add services for our members – you! I will work to continue this effort, further enhancing member benefits and also supporting our future generation of leaders through our student members.
Thank you for your support and encouragement as we kick off the new year and I look forward to growing along with all of you this year.
 

No comments: