JOB DESCRIPTION: MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT (NEW MEMBER SALES FOCUS)
Job Title: Membership Development Department: N/A Reports to: Director of Operations Date: January 2013
Supervises: N/A Revised: x Exempt Nonexempt
The Membership Development representative (new member focus) is responsible with minimal supervision, for selling 15 Chamber memberships per month to prospective non-member businesses by communicating the benefits of the Chamber.
Job Specifications: (Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required)
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in communications or business.
Education/Training (or equivalent):
Four Year Degree
Experience: (Type of work experience, minimum number of years of each).
• Must have previous sales experience. Self-starter who work well autonomously.
• This person must have a proven track record in sales.
Special Administrative Knowledge:
• Database management, excellent writing and computer skills.
Special Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent follow through, time management and excellent customer service.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
The position will also be responsible for:
• Actively develop leads for prospective members and attain sales goal of 15 members per month.
• Manage and maintain supplies of membership collateral materials, updating as necessary.
• Prospect all Chamber products and services including but not limited to lobby advertising, enhanced website visibility, web banner sponsorship and all other ancillary products and services.
• Respond to telephone and e-mail membership inquiries, booking and maintaining appointments for prospective members.
• Provide prospective members with an enthusiastic and informative presentation of Chamber benefits and presents approved membership options and prices.
• Complete all membership paperwork for new members, including application and orientation requirements.
• Track and report daily membership sales calls through the diligent use of contact management software. Provide to President and CEO and the Director of Operations each Friday.
• Distribute passes, fliers and other materials to create flow of prospective members.
• Coordinate with Membership Development Representative 2 (retention focus) quarterly New Member Orientations.
• Manage annual membership drives.
• Assist President with Invest for Success sales.
• Develop relationships and encourage member referrals.
• Assist Membership Development Retention Representative 2 (retention focus) with all aspects of Business Before Business and Business After Hour events.
• Attend Chamber meetings, trainings and retreats.
• Works to upgrade current and new members to higher levels of membership.
• Maintain all proper paperwork such as copies of membership applications.
• Staff Chamber functions as needed
• All other duties as assigned by supervisory staff.
All interested parties please send resume and three writing samples to