With Katy Perry’s “Firework” blasting through the ballroom and bringing everyone to their feet, twenty-five chapter members worked their way to the stage to accept the award along with Chapter President Pamela Nulman, APR, CPRC.
State Association President Jennifer Moss, APR, CPRC cited the following accomplishments of the Southwest Florida Chapter during the past year:
- The Chapter worked as a team to establish a roadmap and set ambitious goals to maximize value for their members including updated Chapter policies, procedures and job descriptions; detailed budgets and financial reporting and an in-depth strategic plan.
- Came together to cover the vacant position of Programs Chair as a team, pitching in to develop program ideas, recruit speakers and deliver 12 months of innovative programming with increased meeting attendance - including the full day PR University and the Annual Media Breakfast.
- Stressed member recognition throughout the year at meetings, in the chapter newsletter and in social media through introduction of board members, recognition of those going above and beyond their duties within the chapter and recognition of those promoting PR in the community. Award programs honoring image winners, newly accredited members, chapter award winners, and special recognition of dedicated long-term board members were also a central focus.
- Pulled together to revamp their Image event at the last minute moving it from an evening to a luncheon program that would still be special and memorable for the members receiving rewards - resulting in a strong turnout of members, bosses and clients.
- Focused on student members, involved senior members and provided opportunities for members at all levels to get involved on committees and participate in networking and community service programs.
- And, they produced and distributed the fabulous Southwest Florida Chapter’s 25th Anniversary book “Rise and Shine”. A project that utilized the skills and resources of 40 contributing members to complete. Most definitely exceeding expectations!
- Finally, the chapter consistently emphasized the “We” - relying on the teamwork of its board and its members to overcome challenges, get creative and produce amazing results.