Our keynote speaker will be Mei-Mei Chan, President and Publisher of The News-Press Media Group. Mei-Mei joined The News-Press in March 2010 and has held executive positions in news, circulation and advertising. She came to Florida from The Seattle Times Company, wehre she had been the Vice President of Advertising and, before that, the Vice President of Circulation and Consumer Marketing. Mei-Mei was recognized for innovation as Sales Executive of the Year by the Newspaper Association of America in 2003. Previously, she held editor and reporter positions at the Post Register in Idaho Falls, ID, the Chicago Sun-Times, USA Weekend magazine, USA today and the Commercial News in Danville, IL.
Following the keynote, a panel of media professionals will answer your questions:
- Darrel Adams, Executive News Director and Manager of Promotions for Waterman Broadcasting
- Mei-Mei Chan, Publisher and President of The News-Press Media Group
- Jean Gruss, Editor of Gulf Coast Business Review
- Osvaldo Padilla, Managing Editor of Florida Weekly
- Amy Tardif, FM Station Manager and News Director of WGCU Public Media