Friday, May 28, 2010
President's Word: Summertime PR Reading
Summer time is here, and hopefully, we'll all get a chance to take a weekend or so for a relaxing nap in the shade. For me, summer seems to call for a few good books. There are about a million reading lists (including Oprah's guide) out there, but I thought we in the Southwest Florida Chapter could recommend a few great picks of our own. I'll start with what's on my shelf now, and then everyone can feel free to leave a suggestion below, as well as comments on what you got out of one you've already read. Do you have one of these books to share with fellow FPRA members? Let us know that too!
Thanks for your participation!!
1. Trust Agents, by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
2. The New Rules of Marketing & PR by David Meerman Scott
3. The Four Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
4. Get Content, Get Customers by Joe Pulizzi and Newt Barrett
5. PR 2.0 New Media, New Tools, New Audiences by Deirdre Breakenridge