Saturday, November 13, 2010

President's Word

Thankful
By: Pam Nulman, APR, CPRC

As the holidays approach and we easily get caught up in a haze of frenetic activity, I hope you will join me in stepping back and finding a moment of peace and serenity to reflect on what you’re thankful for this year. 

Although my list could go on and on, here is my top 10 list of what I’m thankful for today, and every day. 

I’m thankful for:

•  My Mom, Audrey Scott, a beautiful woman who taught me how to read and write by the age of four and without a doubt set me on the path to a career in public relations. 

•  My children, Joseph and Deni, who inspire me daily.  They make me laugh, occasionally cry, and have given me a lifetime of wonderful memories with many more still to come. 

•  My husband, Jim, who listens endlessly to my “PR” stories and musings and gives me the greatest gift of always appearing interested. 

•  My friends, including those who have been by my side for decades, as well as those who are new in my life.  You lift me up and keep me grounded at the same time.

•  The blessing of living in a country where a young woman can go to college, pursue a career and know the sky’s the limit and dreams do come true. 

• The many mentors who have helped me on my professional journey.  You know who you are and I’ll never forget your collective wisdom, patience and support.  You celebrated each success and wouldn’t let me wallow when I stumbled, telling me to dust off my boots and get back to work.

•  A strong body and tenacious spirit which allow me to get up each day and embrace new opportunities and challenges.

•  The opportunity to embrace the spiritual faith of my choice and share it publicly.

•  The gift of technology which has the power to bring us together as one human race, yet cautions us to understand that with power comes responsibility.

•  My colleagues on the FPRA Southwest Florida chapter leadership team who work tirelessly and with giving hearts each and every day. 

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."   - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: