Media Training for PR Professionals
Wednesday, July 14
9 a.m. – 4:35 p.m.
A very special opportunity has been brought to FPRA Southwest Florida Chapter members, thanks to Susan Bennett, APR, CPRC! On July 14, spend an action-packed day at The News-Press and Waterman Broadcasting learning hands-on interview techniques that will sharpen your media relations skills. For full details, click here. This is a MEMBERS ONLY event and will be limited to a total of 25 attendees – first come, first served.
You’ll spend the morning at The News-Press, where you will:
- Learn effective interview techniques from Susan Bennett, APR, CPRC
- Participate in the morning news meeting with The News-Press editors
- Tour The News-Press
- Discuss ethical dilemmas faced by The News-Press editors and how you would respond to them
- Enjoy a working lunch with NBC-2 Executive News Director and Manager of Marketing and Promotions Darrel Lieze-Adams and Florida Weekly Publisher Pason Gaddis
- Practice what you’ve learned about effective media techniques in on-camera interviews with NBC-2 Anchor Jamie Yuccas
- Tour NBC-2 and ABC-7 with Waterman Executive Vice President and General Manager Steve Pontius
- Watch the 4 p.m. News live in the NBC-2 Studio
Registration for this event is now full, but please email Angie Strait to join the wait list!